The BOSS DS-1 Distortion is perhaps the most legendary guitar pedal of all time. Introduced in 1978, it forever altered the course of rock.
- Wide-range DIST knob allows for a mild boost all the way to full-on searing distortion.
- Revolutionary two-stage distortion circuit with transistor and op-amp gain stages.
- Tone knob does more than just cut highs like most circuits. Rolling clockwise introduces treble while cutting bass, and rolling counter-clockwise adds bottom end while rolling off the highs.
- Can be tamed by turning down the guitar's volume knob without getting muddy.
- Doesn't mask the subtleties of a player's technique or the character of the guitar/pickup configuration.